Taylor’s Diploma in Business serves as a quality alternative to pre-university courses, one that allows students to choose various elective subjects in higher learning which have direct relevance to their focus in a specific area of business.
The Diploma in Business provides opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate knowledge, understanding and practical skills in many areas of business. It prepares students to competently join the workforce for a career in business and management and also provides a good opportunity for students to further their studies at tertiary level.
The Taylor’s Diploma in Business is a highly popular programme for many reasons. Its industry-relevant content and focus on preparing students to be job-ready means that upon completion of the programme, students are equipped with many skills, namely:
- Ability to apply appropriate knowledge, analytical techniques and concepts to problem solving, and able to synthesise and evaluate data and information from multiple sources
- Identifying, analysing and ultimately evaluating alternative solutions to business problems, after having been exposed to the structure and management of an organisation and the changing external environment in which it operates
- Critical thinking skills that will enable them to examine problems and issues from a number of perspectives, and allow them to challenge viewpoints, ideas and concepts, to make well-reasoned judgments
- Presentation skills that will further enable them to discuss and defend ideas, concepts and views effectively through written and spoken communication
- Writing persuasive business letters and reports
- Negotiating and collective decision-making skills, as they would have had many opportunities to work co-operatively in groups, on top of learning to function independently in both the planning and execution stages
- IT skills including the use of standard word processing packages, internet, databases and spreadsheets
Entry Level & Entry Requirements
- SPM / O Level – Minimum 3 credits (with a pass in English and Mathematics)
- STPM – 2 principal passes
- GCE A Level – 2 principal passes (Minimum Grade E)
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) – Average 50%
- International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) – Average 50%
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC) – Grade B in at least 3 subjects
- Taylor’s Business Foundation (TBF) – Successful completion
- Other Qualifications – Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis.
Intakes: March & August
Duration: 2.5 years
Upon completion of the Diploma in Business, students can opt for Advanced Standing in any of the business degree programmes in Taylor’s Business School. Students may also opt to transfer to other universities in Australia or the United Kingdom.
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Location Map
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Contact Details
No. 1 Jalan Taylor’s,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Phone: +6(03)5629 5000
Fax: +6(03)5629 5001