The Bachelor of Applied Finance provides students with the expertise to move into the world of finance, be it international business, corporate treasury, trading foreign currencies or risk management.
What will you learn?
The programme will develop skills in core business functions and build specialist knowledge in financial management and risk analysis, business finance, derivatives and securities markets, financial planning, investment analysis, portfolio management, and international finance.
Central to every business degree within UniSA are core courses in business and management in the first year. These equip students with a solid foundation in business essentials, providing core knowledge, skills and experience required for specialist studies in Applied Finance.
Specialist courses will further develop and extend this foundation knowledge and students will undertake studies in business finance, finance management, international currency and banking markets, portfolio and fund management, investment banking and risk analysis.
People professionally qualified in applied finance are employed primarily in managerial or supervisory positions. Most major banks and large companies have graduate recruitment programme and staff development opportunities for graduates. Areas of employment include: lending, retail banking, treasury and money markets, corporate advisory services, international banking and finance, financial planning industry and private consulting.
Entry Level & Entry Requirements
- Taylor’s Business Foundation (TBF) – Successful completion
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) – B- C+ C+ / CGPA 2.44
- ‘A’ Levels – CDD / 14 points
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) – Minimum TER 68
- International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) – Minimum 65% in the best 6 subjects
- Unified Examination Certificate(UEC) – Maximum 28 points for 5 subjects (excluding Chinese, BM and/or General Paper)
- International Baccalaureate – 26 (6 subjects)
- Other Qualifications – Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
English Language Requirements
- IELTS – Overall score of 6.0 (including writing and reading)
- TOEFL – Overall score of 550 (paper-based), Overall score of 213 (computer-based)
- MUET – Band 4
Duration: 3 Years
Intakes: February & July
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Location Map
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Contact Details
No. 1 Jalan Taylor’s,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Phone: +6(03)5629 5000
Fax: +6(03)5629 5001