The Bachelor of Management (Marketing) integrates contemporary research in marketing and practical applications to prepare students for employment in a diverse range of careers in marketing and related professions. It is recognised nationally and internationally, and provides students with a well-rounded and practical understanding of the complexities of marketing management.
What will you learn?
The programme provides a professional level of education for potential and current managers, and is designed to give students skills, knowledge and attributes that will assist them to develop as productive and socially responsible managers. Its structure provides flexibility for students to select marketing courses to suit their interests, capabilities and occupational aspirations, and to extend their professional knowledge by undertaking a second major.
Students are prepared for entry-level professional practice in marketing-related professions by providing a solid foundation of marketing knowledge supported by industry practice.
The degree consists of a number of compulsory and optional courses which investigate marketing principles, market analysis, buyer and consumer behaviour, marketing communications and more.
This programme is designed to educate and develop capable professional marketeers, some of whom may aspire to manage commercial activities in industry, consumer service or product organisations in a competitive and changing global economy. Graduates often enter companies as marketing services trainees, marketing or brand manager assistants, and retail and commercial sales people.
Through experience and further studies, graduates may progress to positions such as brand manager, account manager, marketing manager or sales manager. The degree also offers opportunities in marketing administration, not-for-profit organisations, education and health service providers A number of marketing graduates choose to start their own businesses after gaining a few years of management experience.
Entry Level & Entry Requirements
- Taylor’s Business Foundation (TBF) – Successful completion
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) – B- C+ C+ / CGPA 2.44
- ‘A’ Levels – CDD / 14 points
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) – Minimum TER 68
- International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) – Minimum 65% in the best 6 subjects
- Unified Examination Certificate(UEC) – Maximum 28 points for 5 subjects (excluding Chinese, BM and/or General Paper)
- International Baccalaureate – 26 (6 subjects)
- Other Qualifications – Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
English Language Requirements
- IELTS – Overall score of 6.0 (including writing and reading)
- TOEFL – Overall score of 550 (paper-based), Overall score of 213 (computer-based)
- MUET – Band 4
Duration: 3 Years
Intakes: February & July
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Location Map
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Contact Details
No. 1 Jalan Taylor’s,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Phone: +6(03)5629 5000
Fax: +6(03)5629 5001