To enter Malaysia, a Foreigners/Tourist visitor should fulfill the following conditions:
Passport or Travel Document
- Every person entering Malaysia must possess a valid national Passport or internationally recognized Travel Document valid for travelling to Malaysia.
- Any person not in possession of a Passport or Travel Document which is recognized by the Malaysian Government must obtain a Document in lieu of Passport.
- Application for the Document in lieu of Passport can be made at any Malaysian Representative Office abroad.
- Holders of Travel Documents such as Certificate of Identity, Laisser Passer, Titre de Voyage, Permanent Residence Certificate must ensure that their return ability to the country of origin is assured.
- The documents shall be valid, for more than six (6) months from the date of entry.
Fulfill visa requirement
- A visa is an endorsement in a passport or other recognized travel document of foreigner indicating that the holder has applied for permission to enter Malaysia and that permission has been granted.
- Foreign nationals who require a Visa to enter Malaysia must apply and obtain a Visa in advance at any Malaysian Representative Office abroad before entering the country.
- Visa which has been granted is not absolute guarantee that the holder will be allowed to enter Malaysia. The final decision lies with the Immigration Officer at the entry point.
Valid return travel ticket and sufficient funds
- A visitor is also required to proof his financial ability to stay in Malaysia and a confirm ticket to a third country.
Not a prohibited person
- Any person classified under Section 8 of Immigration Act 1959/63 will not be allowed to enter Malaysia even though he/she is in possession of a valid Passport or Travel Document, Visa, travel ticket and sufficient funds.
Complete in the arrival/departure card
- A visitor is required to complete the Arrival/Departure Card (Imm.26) upon arrival at the gazette entry points. This card is obtainable at any entry point, Malaysian Representative office abroad or travel agencies.
- A visitor must present his/her passport together with the duly completed arrival / departure card to the Immigration officer on duty and he/she must ensure that the passport or travel document is endorsed with the appropriate pass before leaving the immigration counter.
About Entry Pass to Malaysia
Other than application for entry for the purpose of tourist social or business visits, all applications for other types of passes mentioned must be made before arrival in the country.
All applications must have sponsorship in Malaysia. The sponsors must agree to be responsible for the maintenance and repatriation of the visitors from Malaysia if it should become necessary.
Requirements of Passes
Foreign nationals who wish to visit Malaysia have to obtain a pass at the point of entry besides a visa (where required) which allows them to stay temporarily.
A pass is an endorsement in the passport constituting permission to stay for the approved duration.