Learn how to apply citizenship for child under age 21 whose parent is a citizen. This is application for Malaysian citizenship by a person under the age of twenty-one whose parent or parents are (or were at the time of death) citizens.
- The applicant and the person to be registered shall appear before the Registrar of Citizenship when submitting the application.
- The person to be registered shall be below age 21 on the day of application.
- One of the parents is a Malaysian citizen.
- Application must be submitted by the parent or guardian.
- Form B must be completed and submitted together with copies of the necessary documents.
- Appendix A.15 (2), which is a dual purpose form for declaration of acceptance of and application for citizenship under Article 15(2) of the Federal Constitution, must be completed and submitted to a consulate abroad within one (1) year of the date of birth.
The applicant and the person to be registered are required to go to the counter at the Citizenship Division of the Putrajaya NRD headquarters or state NRD headquarters/branch, bringing along originals and copies of required documents.
Required Documents (Originals And Copies)
- REGISTRANT’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
- Identity card (if any)
- Birth Certificate, latest extract of Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate (translated into Malay or English by the court/consular office/public translator)
- Entry permit or passport or other travel document (if any)
- Three (3) recent passport-sized photographs with a blue background
- Documentary evidence of schooling (if applicable)
- APPLICANT’S OR GUARDIAN’S DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY)
- Identity card
- PARENTS’ AND SIBLING’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
- Birth Certificate or latest extract of Birth Certificate
- Identity card
- Citizenship Certificate (if any)
- Marriage document
Note: All copies of supporting documents should be made on A4 paper.
- RM10.00 for application fee
- RM100.00 to issue Citizenship Certificate (if approved)
All applications for citizenship matters require the use of original forms. Forms may be obtained from the Putrajaya NRD headquarters or state NRD headquarters/ branches. Application forms for registration of birth in a foreign country and renunciation of citizenship may be obtained from consulates abroad.
Where to How to Apply Citizenship for Child Under Age 21 Whose Parent is a Citizen?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches