How to Apply for Amendment of Identity Card Particulars?

Learn how to apply for amendment of identity card particulars. Regulation 14 of the National Registration Regulations 1990 (Amendment 2007) states that the bearer of the identity card who discovers that the identity card contains particulars which to his knowledge are incorrect shall apply to amend the incorrect particulars on the identity card.

Application Conditions

  1. The applicant is required to go to any NRD counter.
  2. The applicant has an existing identity card. Applicants without an existing identity card may not apply.
  3. Application Form JPN.KP16 (obtainable from the NRD counter) that is completed.

Application Procedure

The applicant is required to go to any NRD counter with the necessary documents (originals and copies).

Documents Required

How to Apply for Amendment of Identity Card ParticularsOriginals And Copies of documents required:

  1. Applicant’s Documents (Originals And Copies)
    1. Statutory declaration (if the applicant is under 18, the statutory declaration must be made by the parent or *guardian. *Guardian is the grandfather, grandmother, aunt, uncle, elder sister or brother who is over 21.)
    2. Applicant’s identity card
    3. Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate or Citizenship Certificate or confirmation of citizenship status or entry permit (as applicable)
    4. Passport (if any)
    5. Other supporting documents relevant to the application, such as:
      1. Card certifying embracing of Islam from the Islamic Religious Department or State Islamic Religious Council for Muslims regardless of name change or name retention; or
      2. Shariah court order or certification from the Islamic Religious Council or Department for the application to convert from Islam to another religion, and to change from a Muslim name to a non-Muslim one; or
      3. Baptism certificate or certification that the applicant is a follower of Buddhism, Hinduism or Sikhism for religion change application affecting name. If the original name is retained, then only Appendix “A” needs to be filled at the counter and the above supporting documents will not be required; or
      4. Marriage Certificate KC07 issued by the NRD for the application to enter the husband’s name for those married to foreign citizens only; or
      5. Other supporting documents required by the department to support the amendment.


  • Processing fee for amendment of particulars (citizens and non-citizens): RM10.00
  • If the application is successful, payment for replacement of the identity card is as follows:
    • Citizens: RM10.00
    • Non-citizens: RM40.00

Where to apply for Amendment of Identity Card Particulars?

Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.

National Registration Department Branches