Learn how to apply for correction of adoption register (de facto). Application for correction of information in the (de facto) adoption register is made if existing information does not match actual facts of the owner of the Adoption Certificate. Application for correction of information in the adoption register under Section 13 (1) of the Registration of Adoptions Act 1952 (Act 253) may be submitted at any NRD office.
Application for correction of the de facto adoption register may be made by the following persons:
- Adoptive parents or single adoptive parent; and
- Owner of the Adoption Certificate
- Form JPN.AA 03 that is completed;
- Identity cards or passports of applicant (original and copy);
- Adoption Certificate (AM233) (original or extract together with one (1) copy); and
- Statutory declaration SA81
Processing fee: RM10.00
Where to Apply for Correction of Adoption Register (De Facto)?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches