Learn how to apply for letter verifying marital status. This application is intended for verification of marital status of non-Muslims who wish to marry abroad.
1. Applications can be submitted only at the NRD headquarters in Putrajaya or by post addressed to:
Jabatan Pendaftaran Negara
(Bahagian Perkahwinan dan Perceraian)
No. 20, Persiaran Perdana
(Documents sent by post must include the correct contactable correspondence address).
2. The validity of the letter verifying marital status is 150 days from the date of issue.
- Form JPN.KC09 must be fully completed, particularly the ID number, names of spouses, date and place of marriage.
- MyKad (photocopy of MyKad if application is by post).
- Photocopy of passport pages with personal details of prospective spouse who is a non-citizen.
- Application letter stating the purpose of the application.(ORIGINAL)
- Statutory declaration stating the applicant’s current marital status. If the applicant is outside the country, then the declaration needs to be made before a Malaysian representative in that country.(ORIGINAL)
- The applicant must issue the power of attorney to delegate the lawyer or mother or father or their children or sibling (brother or sister) to oversee the application, if applicable.(ORIGINAL)
- Application letter from the lawyer with power of attorney, if application is made through the lawyer.(ORIGINAL)
RM5.00 for application fee
Under normal circumstances, the letter verifying marital status issued by the National Registration Department headquarters in Putrajaya must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Wisma Putra) in Putrajaya, Kuching or Kota Kinabalu before it can be used overseas. However, please contact the nearest foreign representative for foreign documentation requirements.
How to Apply for Letter Verifying Marital Status?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches