Learn how to apply for normal registration of birth in Sabah. Normal registration of birth refers to registration that is made within 14 days of the birth of a child in Malaysia.
Application for registration of a child may be submitted by the following persons:
- Legal guardian;
- Person having knowledge of the birth
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter with the required documents.
Required Documents (original and copies)
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
- Forms A and N1 (extract) that are completed;
- Confirmation of birth form from the hospital or certification of home birth from the midwife/doctor (original);
- Prenatal card (maternity examination book) (original and copy); and
- Child’s health and immunisation card (original and copy)
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
- Identity cards or entry permits or passports of the parents and the person reporting the birth (originals and copies);
- Marriage or divorce or death certificates of the parents (originals and copies)
INFORMANT’S DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY)
- Identity card or entry permit or passport (original and copy)
Free Of Charge
Where to apply for normal registration of birth in Sabah?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches