Learn how to apply for normal registration of birth in Sarawak. Normal registration of birth means a birth in Malaysia must be registered within 14 days after the child is born.
Application for registration of a child may be submitted by the following persons:
- Legal guardian;
- Person having knowledge of the birth
- The mother and father of the child (for registration illegitimate child)
Required Documents (Originals And Copies)
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Forms I and X (extract) that are completed;
- Confirmation of birth form from the hospital or certification of home birth from the midwife/doctor (original);
- Prenatal card (maternity examination book) (original and copy);
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Identity cards or entry permits or passports of the parents and the person reporting the birth (originals and copies);
- Marriage certificates or divorce certificates (originals and copies)
- Parent’s death certificate (original and copy) (if applicable)
INFORMANT’S DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY):
- Identity card or entry permit or passport (original and copy)
Where to Apply for Normal Registration of Birth in Sarawak?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches