Learn how to apply for search or extract of adoption register (De Facto). Search of the adoption register is made to check if an adoption has already been registered in the NRD. Extract of the (de facto) adoption register is made in the event of loss or damage or replacement of the Adoption Certificate. Application for search and extract of the de facto Adoption Certificate must be submitted to the NRD office which issued the initial certificate, or to the NRD headquarters in Putrajaya.
Application for search or extract of the adoption register may be made by the following persons or entities:
- Owner of the Adoption Certificate (if it has an identity card);
- Adoptive parent;
- Adoptive sibling;
- Law Firm or Law Firm attorney who is appointed by a host family (original appointment letter and one (1) copy of the identity card of the law firm’s representative are required)
Required Documents (original and copies)
- Application form for search or extract of the adoption register JPN.AA 02;
- Identity card or passport of applicant (original and copy);
- Child’s Adoption Certificate (AM233) (original and copy) if application is for replacement of certificate;
- Statutory declaration SA81 if the original copy of the Adoption Certificate (AM233) is lost
Processing fee: RM5.00
Where to Apply for Search or Extract of Adoption Register (De Facto)?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches