Learn how to apply identity card for new arrival. Regulation 3 of the National Registration Regulations 1990 (Amendment 2007) states that a citizen who was not resident in Malaysia from age 12 to 16 must register for the identity card within 30 days of the date of arrival in Malaysia.
The below conditions must be met for application:
- The applicant must be aged 16 or above.
- The applicant is required to go to any NRD counter.
- The applicant was not residing in Malaysia from age 12 to 16 (passport used as proof of travel).
- Application Form JPN.KP01 (obtainable from the NRD counter) must be completed.
- The application must be made by the applicant within 30 days of the date of arrival in Malaysia. Otherwise, a processing fee will be imposed.
The applicant is required to go to any NRD counter with the necessary documents (originals and copies).
Documents Required (Originals And Copies)
Applicant’s Documents (Originals And Copies):
- Birth Certificate or Adoption Certificate or Citizenship Certificate or confirmation of citizenship status or Citizenship Form
Payment Schedule 6A
Identity Card (MyKad) Application Fee for New Arrival
|Description||Processing Fee (RM)||Total (RM)|
|Application date – Arrival date in passport < 30 days||WAIVED||WAIVED|
|Application date – Arrival date in passport < 30 days||10.00||10.00|
Where to apply identity card for new arrival?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and operation hours.
National Registration Department Branches