Learn how to apply to change name in birth certificate for child under 1 year in Sarawak. Application to change the name of a child that is already registered must be made within one (1) year of the date of birth of the child.
Correction Application Information section 11 shall be made by the following individuals:
- Legal guardian
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter in Sarawak with the required documents.
Required Documents (Originals And Copies)
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Forms VII and X that are completed;
- Statutory declaration;
- Family information forms BMK81 and BMK 81A;
- Birth Certificate (original and copy);
- Identity card or identification document of the applicant (original and copy);
- Passport or insurance documentation or bank book if the child has a passport or insurance or bank account (original and copy);
- 3R (postcard) and passport-sized photographs;
- Certification that the child is still schooling, if applicable;
- Statutory declaration from the headman of the area of the child’s residence
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Identity card or identification document (original and copy);
- Letter of guardianship from the Department of Social Welfare (if application is submitted by the child’s guardian);
- Authorisation letter from the parents for the guardian to submit the application
Registration fee: RM2.00
Approval fee: RM5.00
Birth Certificate extract fee: RM5.00
Where to Apply to Change Name in Birth Certificate for Child Under 1 Year in Sarawak?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches