Learn how to apply to correct clerical errors in birth certificate in Peninsular Malaysia. Application to correct minor errors made by the NRD in spelling which even if not corrected will not change the facts in the Birth Certificate.
Application to correct the clerical errors may be submitted by the following persons:
- Legal guardian
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter in Peninsular Malaysia with the necessary documents.
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
- Forms JPN.LM21 and JPN.LM22 that are completed;
- Birth Certificate (original and copy);
- Family information form BMK81;
- Identity card or identification document of the applicant (original and copy);
- Letter of guardianship from the Department of Social Welfare (if application is submitted by the child’s guardian) (original and copy);
- Passport or insurance documentation or bank book if the child has a passport or insurance or bank account (original and copy);
- Any other supporting documents
PARENTS’ DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY)
- Identity card or identification document (original and copy)
SIBLING’S DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY)
- Birth Certificate or identity card, if any (original and copy)
Registration fee: RM2.00;
Birth Certificate extract fee: RM5.00
Where to apply to Correct Clerical Errors in Birth Certificate in Peninsular?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches