How to Apply to Correct Factual Errors in Birth Certificate in Peninsular?

Learn how to apply to correct factual errors in birth certificate in Peninsular Malaysia. Application to correct any factual errors provided during the registration of birth due to incorrect or unavailable information. The applicant must submit supporting documents proving the factual errors.

Application Conditions

Application to correct factual errors may be submitted by the following persons:

  1. Birth Certificate owner;
  2. Parent;
  3. Legal guardian

Application Procedure

The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter in Peninsular Malaysia with the necessary documents.

Required Documents

How to Apply to Correct Factual Errors in Birth Certificate in PeninsularCHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)

  1. Form JPN.LM21 that is completed;
  2. Statutory declaration JPN.LM22;
  3. Family information form BMK81;
  4. Birth Certificate (original and copy);
  5. Identity cards or identification documents of the applicant, child and siblings (originals and copies);
  6. Letter of guardianship from the Department of Social Welfare (if application is submitted by the child’s guardian) (original and copy);
  7. Passport or insurance documentation or bank book if the child has a passport or insurance or bank account (original and copy);
  8. Marriage certificate (original and copy);


  1. Identity card or identification document or death certificates of parents (original and copy);
  2. Authorisation letter from the parents for guardian to submit the application;
  3. Marriage certificate or divorce (originals and copies);
  4. Other supporting documents such as the certificate or card certifying embracing of Islam of a parent, birth or death certificate of a parent and the letter of approval for change of name from the Identity Card Division of NRD


  1. Birth certificate or identity card, if any (original and copy)


Registration fee: RM2.00
Approval fee: RM5.00
Birth Certificate extract fee: RM5.00

Where to apply to Correct Factual Errors in Birth Certificate in Peninsular?

Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.

National Registration Department Branches