Learn how to apply to correct factual errors in birth certificate in Sarawak. Application to correct any factual errors other than the name of a child provided during the registration of birth due to incorrect or unavailable information. The applicant must submit supporting documents proving the factual errors.
Application to correct factual errors may be submitted by the following persons:
- Birth Certificate owner;
- Legal guardian
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter in Sarawak with the necessary documents.
Required Documents (Originals And Copies)
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Forms X and Form VII that are completed;
- Statutory declaration SA/81;
- Family information form BMK-81;
- Birth Certificate (original and copy);
- Passport or insurance documentation or bank book if the child has a passport or insurance or bank account (original and copy);
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Identity Card or identity documents of the parents or parent’s death certificate child (original and copy);
- Authorisation letter from the parents for the guardian to submit the application;
- Marriage certificate or divorce (originals and copies);
- Letter of guardianship from the Department of Social Welfare (if application is submitted by the child’s guardian) (original and copy);
- Other supporting documents such as the certificate or card confirming embracing of Islam of a parent, birth or death certificate of a parent and the letter of approval to change name from the Identity Card Division of NRD
SIBLING’S DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY):
- Birth Certificate or identity card, if any (original and copy)
Registration fee: RM2.00;
Approval fee: RM5.00
Birth Certificate extract fee: RM5.00
Where to Apply to Correct Factual Errors in Birth Certificate in Sarawak?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches