Learn how to apply to search Citizenship Register. Any person who wishes to obtain a search on an application form, certificate, notice, order or declaration from the register as provided for under Part III of the Constitution or under the provisions of the Federation of Malaya Agreement, 1948 may do so by making a written application using the prescribed form.
Form O that is completed together with A4 copies of necessary documents.
Applications may be submitted at any counter at the Citizenship Division of the Putrajaya NRD headquarters, state NRD headquarters/branches or by post.
Required Documents (Originals And Copies)
- Information required for the search (such as certificate number, subject, place and date of issue)
- Applicant’s identity card number (also attach the Birth Certificate if the applicant’s name is recorded in the parents’ Citizenship Certificates)
- Provide clear reasons in the application form for requesting the search, stating the year to search for the Citizenship Certificate.
- The applicant shall be the:
- Document owner or
- Parent of document owner
- Spouse of document owner
- Child of document owner
- Next of kin (grandfather/grandmother only)
1. RM5.00 fee to search through a period of one year or part thereof
2. RM5.00 fee to search through each additional year and part thereof
Note: Payment is by cash or postal order of RM5.00 value.
All applications for citizenship matters require the use of original forms. Forms may be obtained from the Putrajaya NRD headquarters or state NRD headquarters/ branches. Application forms for registration of birth in a foreign country and renunciation of citizenship may be obtained from consulates abroad.
Where to Apply to Search Citizenship Register?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches