Learn how to late register death in Peninsular Malaysia. Application for late registration of death is required when registration is made after the fourteenth day of the death in Malaysia (for deaths occurring before 1 December 2011). Registration of death can be made at any NRD office in Peninsular Malaysia.
An application must be submitted by two (2) persons who are next of kin of the deceased or persons with knowledge of the death. If there is no next of kin, then the sponsor will be the investigating police officer.
- Death registration form JPN.LM02;
- Statutory declaration JPN.LM28;
- Identification document of the deceased;
- Identity card or identification document of the informant (original and copy);
- Certification of death JPN.LM09 or JPN.LM10 (if death occurred in hospital);
- Death registration or burial permit JPN.LM02 (Amendment1/11)
Processing fee: RM10.00;
Fine not exceeding RM50.00 (upon approval of application)
Where to Late Register Death in Peninsular?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches