Learn how to replace Malaysia citizenship certificate. Any person who wishes to obtain a replacement of the Citizenship Certificate that was lost, damaged or destroyed may do so by making a written application using the prescribed form.
Form P must be completed and submitted together with A4 copies of the necessary documents.
Applications may be submitted at the counter of the Citizenship Division of the Putrajaya NRD headquarters or state NRD headquarters/branches or by post.
Required Documents (Originals And Copies)
- Information required to issue a replacement (such as certificate number, subject, place and date of issue)
- Applicant’s identity card or extract of details from the identity card register
- Citizenship Certificate (if any)
- 4 Recent passport-sized photograph of the document owner with a blue background
- Only copies of documents need to be sent for applications made through the post
- The applicant shall be the:
- Document owner or
- Parent of the document owner or
- Spouse of the document owner or
- Child of the document owner or
- Next of kin (grandfather/grandmother only)
- RM2.00 for application fee
- RM5.00 to issue the document
Note: Payment is by cash or postal order of RM2.00 and RM5.00 values
All applications for citizenship matters require the use of original forms. Forms may be obtained from the Putrajaya NRD headquarters or state NRD headquarters/ branches. Application forms for registration of birth in a foreign country and renunciation of citizenship may be obtained from consulates abroad.
Where to Replace Malaysia Citizenship Certificate?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches