Learn how to search or extract marriage register. This is an application to perform a search or an extract of the marriage register for persons who have registered their marriage.
- Applications can be submitted at any NRD counter or by post to any National Registration Department office.
- Either spouse or their children or parents or siblings (brother or sister) or an appointed lawyer with an authorised letter may arrange for a search and extract of the marriage register. Third party which are not related to the marriage is NOT ALLOWED to apply for the search and extract of the marriage register.
- Appointed lawyer must completed all information required including the lawyer’s name, MyKad or ID number and affixed the lawyer’s official stamp in Part C of Form JPN.KC09.
- Form JPN.KC09:
- Section A completed:
- Name of bridegroom & identification document
- Name of bride & identification document
- Section B completed:
- Date and place of wedding, or
- Search year
- Section C completed:
- Applicant’s name and identification document
- Reason for application
- Signature and official stamp (if government agency / lawyer)
- Section A completed:
- ORIGINAL MyKad for citizens (photocopy if submitted by post)
- ORIGINAL passport (photocopy of pages with personal details for applications at the counter or by post).
- Power of attorney/Authorization letter from the Marriage Certificate owner (ORIGINAL)
- Application letter from the lawyer with power of attorney, if application is made through the lawyer.(ORIGINAL)
- Application letter from the applicant, if application is made by post. (ORIGINAL)
- An additional document such as a bill for water, electricity or telephone, or other additional documentary proof (photocopy for applications by post).
- RM5.00 for each requested year of marriage search
- RM50.00 for extract of marriage registers
- RM4.00 for extract of marriage register under the Registration of Marriages Ordinance 1952
RM5.00 for each requested year of marriage search.
RM50.00 for extract of marriage register.
RM4.00 for extract of marriage register under the Registration of Marriages Ordinance 1952.
Where to Search or Extract Marriage Register?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches