Malaysia Passport is a valid travel document issued by the Malaysian Government for the purpose of traveling abroad/overseas.
Eligibility for Malaysia International Passport
Malaysia Passport is only available for Malaysian citizen.
Where to Apply for Malaysia International Passport
Any Immigration Offices and Malaysian Representative Offices.
Validity of Malaysia International Passport
Valid for two (2) years or five (5) years from the date of issue.
Only application for the 5 years passport will be granted the balance of the expiry period from the old passport provided they are:
- Not a lost case
- Not a damaged passport (in good condition)
- Not cases under investigation.
Malaysia International Passport Fees
RM100.00 for 2 years
RM300.00 for 5 years
Malaysia International Passport Special Fees
RM150.00 for 5 years
Eligibility for Special Fees:
- Children below 12 years old
- Student below 21 years old with proof to study abroad on the day submission.
Exemption of Payment for Malaysia International Passport
Exemption of payment is given to the handicap or disable person on the condition that they produce a letter from the Welfare Department.
Modes of Payment for Malaysia International Passport
Payments for Malaysia International Passport application can be made with the following method:
- Postal Order or Crossed Bank Draft :
- In Malaysia – under the name of Director- General of Immigration Malaysia or State Immigration Director only.
- Overseas – under the name of Malaysia High Commissioner/Deputy Malaysia High Commissioner/Malaysia Ambassador/Malaysia Consulate General (where applicable)
General Information on Malaysia International Passport
- The usage of ‘anak lelaki (AL)’ and ‘anak perempuan (AP)’ for Indian and non-muslim citizens on the main page has been removed but stated on the ‘PEMERHATIAN/OBSERVATION’ page.
- Please bear if not claimed within three (3) months from the date of collection as stated in the payment receipt, passport will be cancelled and the fee paid for is not refundable. Should the applicant intend to obtain the passport, he or she needs to submit a fresh application and it will be processed according to the normal procedure.
- Particulars of children including infant will no longer be included in the parent’s passport as he/she will be issued with separate passport. Change of photograph for children of two years and above can be made by completing the Im.42-pin 1/97 form attached with two recent photographs and birth certificate (original and copy). The applicant must appear before the Immigration officer.
- Under the Guardianship Act 1961 – 1999 amendment, consent can be given by the mother for child under 18 years old.
- Lost of passport abroad should be reported to the nearest Malaysian Representative Office for replacement of passport together with a police report.
- Application for replacement of lost passport will be sent to Immigration Department Headquarters, Putrajaya Malaysia for decision/process which will take approximately 3-4 months.