Touch N Go is an electronic payment card that can be preloaded with value in Malaysian Ringgit. Touch N Go can be used for KTM Komuter, LRT, highway tolls, parking and shopping.
What is a penalty?
Touch ‘n Go penalty is a pre-set value charged by the Electronic payment system when an irregular transaction is detected.
Irregular transaction happens when user do not touch the card either at the entry or exit, or when the users touch their card more than once at the card reader. Under these conditions, the system is unable to calculate the fare due to invalid information and a penalty fee will be charged.
To avoid being penalized, please place the card at the card reader firmly and wait for the 2-beep sound that indicates a successful transaction.
TYPE OF PENALTY CHARGES & INCORRECT TOUCH ‘N GO CARD USAGE AT KTM KOMUTER
If a user enters with a TOUCH ‘N Go card at the entry but does not exit using the same card, a penalty fee of RM 10 will be deducted from the card during any subsequent usage.
Likewise, if a user does not enter with a Touch ‘n Go card but upon exit, a penalty fee of RM 10 + maximum fare will be deducted from the card.
Turnstile/Gate Did Not Open
If the turnstile does not open due to faulty system, please seek assistance from attendant. Do not try placing Touch ‘n Go card at the card reader again.
Touch More Than Once At The Card Reader
If a user touches MORE THAN ONCE at the ENTRY, the system will consider this as an irregular transaction and impose a RM 10 Penalty Fee.
If a user touches MORE THAN ONCE at the EXIT, the system will consider this as an irregular transaction and impose a RM 10 Penalty Fee + Maximum Fare.
Do not try placing the card on the card reader more than once if the turnstile did not open. Please seek assistance from attendant.
Penalty Due To Overstay
User must complete the journey from the originating station to the destination within 8 hours. The system will impose a RM 10 penalty fee if the journey is over this time limit.
However, the penalty fees are subjected KTMB’s discretion and do not apply if the delay or overstay is caused by service disruption.
- Ensure SUFFICIENT CARD BALANCE for every journey. If the balance is insufficient, the turnstile will not open.
- Ensure that the TRANSACTION IS COMPLETED for each journey, i.e. entry (touch in) and exit (touch out).
- Place your card firmly at the card reader until you hear a 2-BEEP SOUND.
- Touch only ONCE at the card reader.
- Use the SAME CARD to complete your journey.
- Produce your card for verification upon request from ticketing inspector.
- Seek help from attendant when you encounter problem.
- DONT bend tour Touch ‘n Go card.
- DONT rush through the gate/turnstile.
- DONT touch your card more than once at the reader.
- DONT use the reader to check your card balance.
- DONT use different cards for one journey i.e. card A at the entry and card B at the exit.
- DONT keep your card together with a MyKad equipped with the Touch ‘n Go feature. The card reader might accidentally detect both cards.
- DONT wave your card at the card reader.
If the turnstile does not open after placing your card at the reader, DO NOT revert to manual ticket but seek assistance from attendant. This is because entry information has already been recorded and when the journey is not complete with an exit, a penalty fee will be imposed on your subsequent journey.