Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water Malaysia (KeTTHA) was established on 9 April 2009 following the Cabinet reshuffle and restructuring of the ministry conducted by the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato Sri Mohd Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak. Prior to that, KeTTHA known as the Ministry of Energy, Water and Communications (MEWC) was established on March 27, 2004 through the restructuring of the Ministry of Energy, Communications and Multimedia.
Following the 2009 cabinet reshuffle, one new function is included in KeTTHA Green Technology. Simultaneously, the ‘communication’ moved out to the Ministry of Information, Communications and Culture (KPKK). Admission of new functions and responsibilities KeTTHA for planning, formulating policies and programs show a strong green technology is the Government led by Prime Minister to lead a new initiative addressing global issues such as environmental pollution, ozone depletion, ‘global warming’ and issues related thereto.
Mission of Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water
- To formulate policies and establish the legal framework and effective regulation;
- Setting the direction for the energy industry, green technologies and the water industry in line with national development goals and
- Develop an efficient management system and an effective monitoring mechanism.
Objectives of Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water
To realize its vision and mission, the objectives of the Ministry are:
- Ensure the implementation of development policies in the power industry, water and green technology effectively;
- Ensure the provision of comprehensive infrastructure, an integrated, standards and quality;
- To provide a conducive environment for industrial development and technology;
- Provide research and development (R & D) continued to increase in the use of technology;
- Ensure service delivery system that is efficient, effective and affordable;
- Ensuring that the regulatory mechanisms implemented in accordance with the provisions of existing legislation and
- Improving the ability of the organization on an ongoing basis to achieve the industry and green technologies.
Contact Details of Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water Malaysia
Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water (Kementerian Tenaga, Teknologi Hijau dan Air)
Address: Blok E4/5, Kompleks Kerajaan Parcel E, Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan, 62668 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Telephone: 603-8883 6200
Fax: 603-8889 3712
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.kettha.gov.my/
Staff Directory: http://www.kettha.gov.my/directory