Ministry of Rural and Regional Development is responsible for advancing rural communities throughout Malaysia. The ministry intends to form a progressive society through consistent rural development. It also aims to generate a progressive rural community through strengthening human capital, infrastructure and competitive economy in a consistent environment.
Departments And Agencies Under Ministry of Rural and Regional Development
- Social Development Department ( KEMAS )
- Department of Orang Asli Affairs ( JAKOA )
- Institute for Rural Advancement ( INFRA )
- Majlis Amanah Rakyat ( MARA )
- Rubber Industry Smallholders Development Authority ( RISDA )
- Federal Land Consolidation and Rehabilitation Authority ( FELCRA )
- Kedah Regional Development Authority ( KEDA )
- Southeast Johor Development Authority ( KEJORA )
- Terengganu Tengah Development Authority ( KETENGAH )
- South Kelantan Development Authority (KESEDAR)
Objectives of Ministry of Rural and Regional Development
- Rural Folks’ Earnings Increase To 80% From The Urban Population Level By 2020.
- Create Quality Village (Q Village) By 2016.
- Reach a 30% Target of Rural Folk To Involve In Entrepreneurial Activity By 2020.
- Create a Knowledgeable And Skilled Society.
- Accelerate Concept Implementation and Integrated Development Programme.
- Increase Rural Community Welfare.
- Attain 100% Coverage of Basic Infrastructure, Utility and Infrastructure By 2020.
- Ensure Rural Folk Attain 100% Information Technology and Communication Benefits By 2020.
- Eradicate hardcore poverty, and reduce overall poverty rate to 2.8% .
- Increase income and job opportunities in rural areas.
- Increase road development in rural areas and other less-developed areas.
- Increase coverage of electricity supply for rural areas in Sabah to 81%, and in Sarawak to 90%, by year 2012.
- Increase coverage of water supply for rural areas in Sabah and Sarawak to 70% by year 2012.
- Ensure all areas within 30 kms radius from urban centres / towns get 100% infrastructure coverage by 2016.
- Continue work on decreasing the digital gap and increasing internet broadband service penetration through the National Broadband Plan.
- Ensure balanced distribution of high quality opportunities that could generate income, job opportunities, business and education throughout the nation.
Contact Details of Ministry of Rural and Regional Development Malaysia
Ministry of Rural and Regional Development (Kementerian Kemajuan Luar Bandar dan Wilayah)
Address: Blok D9, Parcel D, Kompleks Kerajaan Persekutuan, 62606 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Telephone: 603-8886 3500/3700
Fax: 603-8886 3801
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://www.rurallink.gov.my
Staff Directory: http://www.rurallink.gov.my/staff_directory