Ministry of Transport handles the transportation related matters in Malaysia which includes rail transport, maritime, ports and civil aviation.
Functions of Ministry of Transport
- Planning, formulating and implementing policies for rail transport, maritime, ports and civil aviation.
- Executes rail infrastructure projects, maritime, ports and civil aviation.
- Coordinate the integration of transport modes to achieve seamless travel.
- Providing licensing services for:
- License / operation permit service providers and the concession holder (except commercial vehicles).
- Individual Licence – private vehicle driver / commercial, pilot, navigator and others.
- Domestic shipping license.
- Registration of all vehicles modes.
- Determine the pricing policy (except for commercial vehicles).
- Regulating the policies and operations of the concessionaire holder / government company.
- Make / regulate the standards of service, security (service and safety standards) and legislation.
- Implement regional and international cooperation in the field of transportation.
Contact Details of Ministry of Transport Malaysia
Ministry of Transport (Kementerian Pengangkutan)
Address: Blok D5, Kompleks D, Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan, 62616 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Telephone: 603-8886 6000
Fax: 603-8889 1569
Web Site: http://www.mot.gov.my
Staff Directory: http://www.mot.gov.my/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=5&id=15&Itemid=119