Jabatan Perdana Menteri (Prime Minister’s Department) plays a very important role in the administration of Malaysia. Below are the functions of Prime Minister’s Department in Malaysia::
- Providing support services including administration, finance, human resource management, security, social and other services to staff of the Prime Minister’s Department, according to the rules and regulations, and directives that have been set.
- Management of staff quarters, office spaces and rest and recreational facilities to provide conducive and comfortable environment for the civil servants.
- Management of all property owned by the Federal Government efficiently and effectively.
- Improvement of the quality of the Malaysian Civil Service to be more efficient, effective, responsive and with integrity, and cultivating and promoting the usage of information technology in the public service.
- Providing efficient, quality and effective services to the Cabinet and the Chief Secretary who is also acting as Secretary to the Cabinet, as well as tracking and monitoring of implementation of Government decisions.
- As a reference centre for all issues pertaining to security and protection encompassing physical security, documents and personnel formulating, issuing and establishing the security policy to be properly implemented.
- Managing State Protocol and Ceremonies, Conferment of Federal Awards, Official Visits by Foreign Heads of State and Dignitaries, International Conferences and Putrajaya International Convention Centre, with the highest standard of excellence.
- Establishing the coordination of the National Economic Development policies, strategies and programs for the medium and long terms in a structured, planned, efficient and proper manner, in order to strengthen the country’s competitiveness, to promote economic growth, to promote public-private sector cooperation, to intensify the k-economy, and to promote the country’s socio-economic developments.
- Central agency that monitors implementation of policies, strategies, programs and development projects, as well as resolves related issues efficiently and effectively, to ensure they are implemented in line with the national development goals.
- Ensuring the formulation and coordination as well as the implementation of policies relating to national security and the direction of the security measures undertaken by well-planned, comprehensive and integrated.
- Enforcement of law and order under any federal law.
- Improving the quality of Maritime law enforcement coordination and involvement of National Maritime elements in any maritime duty to ensure Malaysia’s sovereignty and the security of protected waters and to safeguard maritime interests from encroachment.
- Planning, designing, formulating and monitoring the maritime enforcement policies as well as assisting the Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency (APMM) in becoming a competent agency by providing equipments and infrastructure through development and acquisition.
Divisions/Units under Jabatan Perdana Menteri (Prime Minister’s Department)
- Agensi Penguatkuasaan Maritim Malaysia
- Bahagian Hal Ehwal Penguatkuasaan Maritim Malaysia
- Bahagian Hal Ehwal Undang-Undang
- Bahagian Istiadat dan Urusetia Antarabangsa
- Bahagian Pengurusan Hartanah
- Bahagian Perlindungan JPM
- Biro Pengaduan Awam (BPA)
- Biro Tatanegara
- Eastern Sabah Security Command (ESSCOM)
- Institut Integriti Malaysia
- Institut Kefahaman Islam Malaysia (IKIM)
- Institut Latihan Kehakiman dan Perundangan (ILKAP)
- Institut Tadbiran Awam Negara (INTAN)
- Jabatan Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan (JAWI)
- Jabatan Audit Negara
- Jabatan Bantuan Guaman Malaysia (JBG)
- Jabatan Insolvensi Malaysia
- Jabatan Kehakiman Syariah Malaysia
- Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia (JAKIM)
- Jabatan Peguam Negara
- Jabatan Pembangunan Persekutuan Sabah
- Jabatan Perangkaan Malaysia
- Jabatan Perdana Menteri
- Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA)
- Jabatan Perpaduan Negara dan Integrasi Nasional
- Jabatan Wakaf Zakat dan Haji (JAWHR)
- Lembaga Kemajuan Tanah Persekutuan (FELDA)
- Lembaga Kemajuan Wilayah Pulau Pinang (PERDA)
- Lembaga Penasihat
- Mahkamah Syariah Wilayah Persekutuan
- Mahkamah Syariah Wilayah Persekutuan
- Majlis Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan (MAIWP)
- Majlis Keselamatan Negara
- Malaysian Industry Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT)
- Parlimen Malaysia
- Pejabat Ketua Pegawai Keselamatan Kerajaan Malaysia
- Pejabat Ketua Pendaftar Mahkamah Persekutuan Malaysia
- Pejabat Ketua Setiausaha Negara
- Pejabat Mufti Wilayah Persekutuan
- Pejabat Penyimpan Mohor Besar Raja-Raja Malaysia
- Pejabat Perdana Menteri
- Pejabat Setiausaha Persekutuan Sabah
- Pejabat Setiausaha Persekutuan Sarawak
- Pejabat Tanah dan Galian Wilayah Persekutuan(PTG WP)
- Permata Negara
- Pusat Pungutan Zakat (PPZ)
- Suruhanjaya Hak Asasi Manusia Malaysia (SUHAKAM)
- Suruhanjaya Integriti Agensi Penguatkuasaan(SIAP)
- Suruhanjaya Pelantikan Kehakiman (SPK)
- Suruhanjaya Pencegahan Rasuah Malaysia
- Suruhanjaya Pengangkutan Awam Darat
- Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Awam Malaysia (SPA)
- Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Pelajaran (SPP)
- Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya Malaysia (SPR)
- Unit Kerjasama Awam Swasta(UKAS)
- Unit Pemodenan Tadbiran dan Perancangan Pengurusan Malaysia(MAMPU)
- Unit Peneraju Agenda Bumiputera(TERAJU)
- Unit Penyelarasan Pelaksanaan
- Unit Perancang Ekonomi
Contact Details of Jabatan Perdana Menteri (Prime Minister’s Department) Malaysia
Jabatan Perdana Menteri (Prime Minister’s Department)
Pentadbiran Am, Jabatan Perdana Menteri,
Blok B8, Kompleks Jabatan Perdana Menteri,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
62502 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Telephone: 03 8888 1957
Fax: 03 8888 3904