Biro Pengaduan Awam – BPA (Public Complaints Bureau) handles public complaints made by the public on their dissatisfaction towards any administrative action (include those made by Government agencies that have been privatised or institutions that have a monopoly and those that provide public amenities) that are considered as unjust, not in accordance with the existing laws and regulations, abuse of power, maladministration and other similar acts by Government agencies.
All complaints on government administration can be investigated except the following:
- Government policies and matters that are under the authority of:
- Public Accounts Committee
- Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC)
- Legal Aid Department
- Family disputes/personal problems
- Civil claim involving individual /company
- Complaints against bodies/private companies not associated with the Government
Functions of Biro Pengaduan Awam – BPA (Public Complaints Bureau)
- Resolve complaints efficiently, fairly, and effectively as promised in the PCB Client’s Charter;
- Improve the rate of resolving complaints received from the public;
- Provide and improve facilities for the public to lodge complaints;
- Reduce repetitive complaints against the public services;
- Introduce changes and innovation based on public complaints received;
- Provide advisory services to agencies in order to improve the effectiveness of public complaints management system;
- Detect issues than can lead to complaints made by the public; and
- Obtain public opinion to ensure the success of the Governments’ development programmes.
Contact Details of Biro Pengaduan Awam – BPA (Public Complaints Bureau) Malaysia
Prime Minister’s Department, Level 6,Block B1, Federal Government Administrative Centre, 62502 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Telephone: 03-8000 8000
Fax: 03-8888 3748/7778