Learn how to apply for MyPR. MyPR is a Malaysian permanent resident identity card. All persons with permanent resident status are required to change their identity cards to MyPR beginning 1 June 2006.
These are the features my MyPR:
- Clear identification of permanent resident
- Red background
- Displays information on original nationality.
- Displays the entry permit number if applicable
How to Apply for MyPR – Application Procedure
First application can be made at the NRD headquarters, in Putrajaya and NRD state offices only.
Application for replacement can be made at any NRD counter.
Supporting Documents for Application
Below are the supporting documents needed when applying for MyPR:
- Original and copy of entry permit
- Original and copy of the passport
- Original and copy of birth certificate for those born in Malaysia
- Original and copy of adoption certificate (if applicable)
- Other supporting documents
Payment for MyPR
The payment costs RM40.00.
Where to apply for MyPR?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and operation hours.
National Registration Department Branches