How to Apply for Referral to Marriage Tribunal?

Learn how to apply for referral to marriage tribunal. This application is intended to refer the matrimonial difficulties of non-Muslims to the marriage tribunal for reconciliation.

Application Requirements

The applicant is required to be present to submit the application for marriage tribunal at the NRD office for the area in which the couple last resided together.

We do not accept application submitted on applicant’s behalf by third parties.

Required Documents

  • How to Apply for Referral to Marriage Tribunal?Form JPN.KC14 that is completed.
  • Applicant’s MyKad.
  • ORIGINAL passport and photocopy of pages of personal details and latest arrival date in Malaysia for non-citizen.
  • ORIGINAL and photocopy of Marriage Certificate.


  • RM2.00 for application fee.
  • RM20.00 if tribunal certificate JPN.KC29 is issued

Where to Apply for Referral to Marriage Tribunal?

Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.

National Registration Department Branches