Learn how to apply to change name in the birth certificate for child under 1 year in Peninsular Malaysia. Application for change of name of a child that is already registered must be made within one (1) year of the date of birth of the child.
Application can be done by:
- Legal guardian
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter in Peninsular Malaysia with the required documents.
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Form JPN.LM21 that is completed;
- Statutory declaration forms JPN.LM22 and JPN LM07;
- Family information forms BMK81;
- MyKid form;
- Birth Certificate (original and copy);
- Letter of guardianship from the Department of Social Welfare (if application is submitted by the child’s guardian) (original and copy);
- Passport or insurance documentation or bank book if the child has a passport or insurance or bank account (original and copy)
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Identity card or identification document (original and copy);
- Authorisation letter from the parents for the guardian to submit the application
Registration fee: RM2.00
Approval fee: RM5.00
Birth Certificate extract fee: RM5.00
Where to apply to Change Name in the Birth Certificate for Child Under 1 Year in Peninsular?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches