Learn how to apply to insert name into the birth certificate for child under age 21 in Peninsular Malaysia. Application is to insert the name of a child aged one (1) year to less than 21 years who was registered without a name at birth.
Application to insert the name for a child under age 21 may be submitted by the following persons:
- Birth Certificate owner;
- Legal guardian
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter in Peninsular Malaysia with the necessary documents.
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Forms JPN.LM21 and JPN.LM08 that are completed;
- Statutory declaration JPN.LM22
- Family information form BMK81
- MyKid form
- Birth Certificate (original and copy)
- Letter of guardianship from the Department of Social Welfare (if application is submitted by the child’s guardian) (original and copy)
- Passport or insurance documentation or bank book if the child has a passport or insurance or bank account (original and copy)
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Identity card or identification document or death certificates of parents (original and copy)
- Authorisation letter from the parents to the guardian to submit the application
- Marriage certificate or divorce (originals and copies)
Registration fee: RM2.00
Approval fee: RM5.00
Birth Certificate extract fee: RM5.00
Where to apply to Insert Name into the Birth Certificate for Child Under Age 21 in Peninsular?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches