Learn how to apply to correct clerical errors in birth certificate in Sabah. Application to correct minor errors made by the Registrar involving spelling errors only which even if not corrected will not change the facts in the Birth Certificate.
Application to correct the clerical errors may be submitted by the following persons:
- Legal guardian
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter in Sabah with the required documents.
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Forms PSB 4 and PSB 4A that are completed;
- Birth Certificate (original and copy);
- Identity card or identification document (original and copy);
- Passport or insurance documentation or bank book if the child has a passport or insurance or bank account (original and copy);
- Any other supporting documents
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Identity card or other identification document (original and copy);
- Authorisation letter from the parents for the guardian to submit the application
Registration fee: RM2.00
Approval fee: RM5.00
Birth Certificate extract fee: RM5.00
Where to apply to correct clerical errors in birth certificate in Sabah?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches