If you have lost your Passport / Travel Document in Malaysia, read the following information on what you’ll need to do next.
The actions could be taken:
- Surrender immediately to the Enforcement Division, Immigration Department of Malaysia;
- Please bring along items as per check list
- Do not use the service of middlemen or agents;
- Give full cooperation during the investigation and recording of statements by an Immigration Officer.
If you are to deal with the Malaysia Immigration Enforcement Division, please bring along the original documents and copies of the following:
- Passport number / copy of the lost passport / travel document;
- New Passport / Travel Document;
- Police report;
- Plane ticket / bus / ferry (depart within 7 days)
- Any evidence of entry (land passes/tickets/list of passengers);
- Certificate from the Embassy;
- Copy of pass/previous document (if any);
- Memo reference of the BPA/BPP/VPP/MIDA (if applicable).
The payment of RM100 is imposed for the issuance of Special Pass.
BPA-Foreign Workers Division, Immigration Department of Malaysia
BPP-Employment Pass Division, Immigration Department of Malaysia
VPP-Visa, Pass and Permit Division, Immigration Department of Malaysia
MIDA- Malaysian Industrial Development Authority