The Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Kementerian Luar Negeri) or Wisma Putra takes care of Malaysia’s international relations and foreign policies. Wisma Putra’s core function is to safeguard Malaysia’s interests and placing Malaysia’s foreign policy to the fore through bilateral diplomacy, open regionalism and participation in the multilateral network of global diplomacy. Malaysia has a network of 105 diplomatic missions spanning around the globe.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs began in the office of Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra after the 1955 Federal elections. It was known as Ministry of External Affairs, Federation of Malaya. It became commonly known as Wisma Putra after the Ministry occupied a new building in 1966.
Location and guide of Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Wisma Putra
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Wisma Putra is located on top of Putrajaya Hill and surrounded by Taman Wawasan in Precinct 2, which is a mixed development area. Wisma Putra consists of Wisma Putra 1 and Wisma Putra 2 buildings.
Wisma Putra 1 consists of:
Pejabat Timbalan Menteri
Pejabat Utusan Khas Perdana Menteri
Pejabat Ketua Setiausaha
Pejabat TKSU I
Pejabat TKSU II
Pejabat Ketua Pengarah ASEAN
Pejabat Ketua Protokol
Jabatan Kerjasama ASEAN
Jabatan Perancangan Dasar
Jabatan Hubungan Dua Hala Politik & Ekonomi
Jabatan Pertubuhan Antarabangsa & Ekonomi Pelbagai Hala
Unit Beg Dan Mel Diplomatik
Bilik Sidang Akhbar
Dewan Serbaguna WP 1
Wisma Putra 2 consists of:
Pejabat TKSU III
Bahagian Pentadbiran, Perkhidmatan & Konsular
Bahagian Kewangan, Akuan & Pembangunan
Bahagian Sistem Maklumat
Bahagian Unit Dalaman
Bilik Latihan Komputer
Dewan Serbaguna WP 2
Functions of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Wisma Putra
- Managing bilateral, regional and multilateral relations with foreign countries and international organisations. These relations includes political, economic and cultural matters.
- Promoting trade and investment with foreign countries.
- Carrying out information activities in order to project the country’s image.
- Carrying out supporting activities including service, general administration, finance, consular, security and communications.
Consular services (documents/verification) includes:
- Good Conduct Certificate (Pengeluaran Sijil Kelakuan Baik)
- Certificate of Origin and other documents
- Verification of Foreign Worker Intake Approval Letter
- Power of Attorney letter (Surat Pengesahan Kuasa)
- Birth Certificate, Marriage Registration, Death and Health Certificate (Sijil Kelahiran, Daftar Kahwin, Kematian dan Sijil Kesihatan)
- Translation to Foreign Language (Terjemahan ke Bahasa Asing)
- Un-married Verification Letter (Surat Akuan Bujang)
- Higher Education Certificates (Sijil-sijil Pusat Pengajian Tinggi)
- School Certificates (Sijil-sijil Persekolahan)
Contact Details of The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1 Jalan Wisma Putra,
Tel: +6(03)8887 4000, +6(03)887 4570 (After Hours/Emergency)
Fax: +6(03)8889 1717