Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) was established on March 27, 2004 and aims to develop and create an environment that promotes higher education to produce excellent education center, to produce individuals who are competent, innovative and high moral standards in national and international needs.
Ministry of Higher Education plays an important role in producing the best higher education ecosystem in institutions of higher learning (IPTA), private higher education institutions (IPTS), polytechnics and community colleges. All these institutions are the main components of the ecosystem of the country’s education and training will produce thinkers, scientists, scholars, skilled and semi skilled workers in accordance with their respective roles.
In accordance with this objective, the KPT has three (3) department for the management of higher education institutions, namely:
- Jabatan Pengajian Tinggi (JPT) – handles IPTA and IPTS
- Jabatan Pengajian Politeknik (JPP) – handles Polytechnics
- Jabatan Pengajian Kolej Komuniti (JPKK) – handles Community Colleges
Efforts to achieve this goal is also supported by the agency that plays an important role in higher education, namely:
- Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) – sole body that oversees and coordinates quality assurance and accreditation of higher education.
- Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) – the body managing the financing for higher education.
Contact Details of Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia
Ministry of Higher Education (Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi)
Address: Blok E3, Parcel E Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan, 62505 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Telephone: 603-8883 5000
Fax: 603-8889 5854
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Web Site: http://www.mohe.gov.my
Staff Directory: –