Applicant must follow procedures below if his/her Malaysia International Passport is lost or damaged.
Definition of damaged passport:
- Eaten by termites/insect
- Spoiled photograph
- Tempered passport
Malaysian who lost the passport should follow the following steps:
- Lodge a police report
- Refer to the nearest Immigration office to submit the application for passport replacement by completing all the following requirements :-
- Identification Card
- Parent’s Identification Card (for applicant below 18 years)
- Application Form IM.42 Pin 1/97
- Questionnaire Form IM42c
- 2 copies of Recent photograph with light blue background in the size of 3.5 X 5 cm.
- Police report
- Copy of lost passport (if any)
- Marriage/divorced certificate (below 18 years and marriage/divorced)
- Confirmation letter of employment for those working abroad.
- Offer letter to study abroad
- Emergency Certificate with a report from Entry Point Immigration office
- Verification of status (for a Permanent Resident of third country)
- Report form Fire and Rescue Department if the lost is caused by fire
- Letter from municipal council if lost is caused by flood.