Learn how to apply for adoption by court order. Application for adoption by court order is executed by the law firm appointed by the adoptive parents or by the Legal Aid Department. The application must be submitted to the NRD headquarters in Putrajaya. Adoption by court order is made in the High Court or the Sessions Court. This adoption process is applicable for non-Muslims only.
Application for adoption by court order may be made by the following persons:
- Adoptive parents or single adoptive parent;
- Law firm or its representative (the official letter of representation from the law firm and one (1) copy of the identity card of the law firm representative’s are required)
- Form JPN.AA 04 that is completed;
- Covering letter from court (original);
- Court order and schedule of Section 25 (2) of Act 257 (original);
- One (1) copy of the identity card or passport of each of the adoptive parents or of the single adoptive parent that has been certified by the law firm; and
- Birth Certificate of the child (original and copy)
Processing fee: RM5.00
Where to Apply for Adoption By Court Order?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches