Learn how to apply for delayed registration of birth in Sabah. Delayed registration of birth refers to registration that is made from the 15th to the 42nd day after the birth of a child.
Application for registration of a child may be submitted by the following persons:
- Legal guardian;
- Person having knowledge of the birth
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter with the required documents.
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
- Forms A and N1 (extract) that are completed;
- Confirmation of birth form from the hospital or certification of home birth from the midwife/doctor (original);
- Prenatal card (maternity examination book) (original and copy); and
- Child’s health and immunisation card (original and copy)
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
- Identity cards or entry permits or passports of the parents and the person reporting the birth (originals and copies);
- Marriage or divorce document or death certificates of the parents (originals and copies)
INFORMANT’S DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY)
- Identity card or entry permit or passport (original and copy)
Processing fee: RM5.00
Where to apply for delayed registration of birth in Sabah?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches