Learn how to apply for re-registration of legitimated person in Peninsular Malaysia. Application for re-registration of birth of a legitimated person is made when an illegitimate non-Muslim child is made legitimate by the High Court.
Application for re-registration of a legitimated person may be submitted by the following person:
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter with the required documents.
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES)
- Birth registration form JPN.LM01;
- Birth Certificate (original and copy);
- Identity card (if any) (original and copy);
- Parents’ marriage certificate (original and copy);
- Court order that the child has been legitimated (original and copy)
PARENTS’ DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY)
- Identity card (original and copy)
Application fee: No charge for application made within 3 months of the parent’s wedding. A fee of RM10.00 applies after 3 months.
Where to apply for Re-Registration of Legitimated Person in Peninsular?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches