Learn how to apply to correct clerical errors in birth certificate in Sarawak. Application to correct minor errors made by the NRD involving spelling which even if corrected will not change the facts in the Birth Certificate.
Application to correct information in Section 25(2) may be submitted by the following persons:
- Legal guardian
Required Documents (Originals And Copies)
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Forms X and Form VII that are completed;
- Birth Certificate (original document and one (1) copy of the original);
- Passport or insurance documentation or bank book if the child has a passport or insurance or bank account (original document and one (1) copy of the original);
- Any other supporting documents
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Identity card or other identification document (original and copy);
- Letter of guardianship from the Department of Social Welfare (if application is submitted by the child’s guardian) (original and copy)
SIBLING’S DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY)
- Birth Certificate or identity card, if any (original and copy)
Registration fee: RM2.00;
Birth Certificate extract fee: RM5.00
Where to Apply to Correct Clerical Errors in Birth Certificate in Sarawak?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches