Learn how to apply to insert name into birth certificate for child under 1 year in Sarawak. This is to insert the name of a child below one (1) year who was registered without a name after birth.
Application to correct information according to section 12 may be submitted by the following persons:
- Birth Certificate owner ;
- Legal guardian
The applicant is required to go to any National Registration Department counter in Sarawak with the necessary documents.
Required Documents (Originals And Copies)
CHILD’S DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Forms VII and X that are completed;
- Statutory declaration;
- Family information forms BMK81 and BMK81A;
- Birth Certificate (original and copy);
- Identity card or identification document (original and copy);
- Passport or insurance documentation or bank book if the child has a passport or insurance or bank account (original and copy);
- Certification that the child is still schooling, if applicable;
- Statutory declaration from the headman of the area of the child’s residence;
- Any other supporting documents
PARENTS’ DOCUMENTS (ORIGINALS AND COPIES):
- Parent identity card or identification document or death certificates (original and copy);
- Authorisation letter from the parents for the guardian to submit the application;
- Marriage or divorce (originals and copies);
- Letter of guardianship from the Department of Social Welfare (if application is submitted by the child’s guardian) (original and copy);
- Other supporting documents such as the certificate or card confirming embracing of Islam of a parent, birth or death certificate of a parent and the letter of approval to change name from the Identity Card Division of NRD
SIBLING’S DOCUMENT (ORIGINAL AND COPY):
- Birth Certificate or identity card, if any (original and copy)
Registration fee: RM2.00
Approval fee: RM5.00
Birth Certificate extract fee: RM5.00
Where to Apply to Insert Name into Birth Certificate for Child Under 1 Year in Sarawak?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches