Learn how to register death in Sarawak. Normal registration of death refers to registration of a death in Sarawak that is made within 24 hours of death.
Application for registration of death may be made by the following persons:
- Next of kin of the deceased;
- Person with knowledge of the death
- Form III and Form XI must be completed;
- Certification from the deceased’s community leader or village chief;
- Police report for death occurring at home (original and copy);
- Medical Certificate of the Cause of Death (Form VIII);
- After Post-Mortem (Form IX);
- Identity card or entry permit or passport of the informant (original and copy);
- Identity card or other identification document of the deceased. If these are unavailable/lost then a police report must be included.
Free of charge
Where to Register Death in Sarawak?
Check the link below for NRD (JPN) branch details and contact details.
National Registration Department Branches