Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-based Industry is entrusted with the responsibility to develop the agriculture and agro food sector as a competitive entity and significant contributor to Malaysia’s income.
Mission of Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry:
- To transform the agriculture and agro-based industry into a modern, dynamic and competitive sector
- To position Malaysia as a major world food exporter.
- To develop the agriculture sector as the country’s engine of growth.
Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry’s objective is to spearhead the transformation process within the agriculture sector via a planned, integrated and holistic approach based on an organizational collaborative effort in both intellectual and physical engagement towards realization of the Third National Agriculture Plan (DPN 3)
Functions of Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry
- Legislate, plan and implement agriculture, development program’s policies and strategies.
- Evaluate, coordinate and ensure the implementation of agro-food agriculture development projects/programs.
- Conduct R&D and innovation that enhance productivity and competitiveness in the agro-food sector.
- Promote foreign and local investment in the agro-food sector.
- Structure and implement an effective and efficient agro-food market chain.
Divisions in Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry
- Agriculture Drainage and Irrigation Division
- Agro-based Industry Division
- Crops, Livestock and Fishery Industry Division
- Project Supervision and Assessment Division
- Information Management Division
- Investment Promotion, Business Development and Privatisation Division
- Legal Division
- Paddy and Rice Industry Division
- Strategic Planning and International Division
- Support Services and Industry Development Division
- Department of Malaysia Quarantine and Inspection Services
Contact Details of Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry Malaysia
Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry (Kementerian Pertanian dan Industri Asas Tani)
Address: Level 9, Wisma Tani, No. 28, Persiaran Perdana, Presint 4, Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan, 62624 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Telephone: 603-8870 1000
Fax: 603-8870 1467
Web Site: http://www.moa.gov.my/
Staff Directory: http://www.moa.gov.my/web/guest/direktori_pekerja