Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperative And Consumerisme (MDTCC) formulates policies, strategies and reviews matters related to the development of domestic trade and consumerism.
Functions of MDTCC includes:
- Determines and monitors prices of essential goods;
- Licences the sale and distribution of essential goods;
- Licences the sale and distribution of petroleum and petrochemical products;
- Coordinates policies, regulations and activities related to the safety of the petroleum, petrochemical and gas industries;
- Licences the direct selling trade;
- Implements the regulation on metric weights and measures;
- Regulates matters pertaining to companies and businesses based on the related acts;
- Promotes good corporate governance practices; and
- Develops and administers the intellectual property protection system.
- Carries out consumer education programmes;
- Enhances programmes on consumer awareness and consumer protection; and
- Encourages and assists consumer movements.
Agencies Under Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperative And Consumerisme
- Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia
- Companies Commission Of Malaysia
- Cooperative Collage Of Malaysia
- Perbadanan Nasional Berhad
- Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Malaysia
- Competition Commission
- Cooperative Commission Of Malaysia
Contact Details of Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperative And Consumerisme Malaysia
Ministry of Domestic Trade, Cooperative And Consumerisme (Kementerian Perdagangan Dalam Negeri, Koperasi and Kepenggunaan)
Address: Lot 2G3, Presint 2, Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan 62623 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Telephone: 1800-886-800 / 603-8
Fax: 603-8882 5762
Web Site: http://www.kpdnkk.gov.my/
Staff Directory: http://www.kpdnkk.gov.my/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=3&Itemid=399