Ministry of Tourism (Kementerian Pelancongan) aims to develop Malaysia as a world class tourist destination. Ministry of Tourism works with all industry players to put the tourism industry as a facilitator for sustainable economic growth and valuable in contributing to national development.
Objectives of Ministry of Tourism:
- To increase the contribution of tourism to the country economy.
- To empower rural communities through the rural tourism activities.
- To facilitate 1Malaysia development through tourism.
Functions of Ministry of Tourism:
- To formulate a national tourism policy to achieve the vision, mission and objectives of the ministry.
- To implement policies relating to growth and development of the tourism industry.
- To coordinate, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of tourism programs and projects.
Ministry of Tourism is committed to the delivery of excellent tourism services to the customers based on MS ISO 9001:2000. Ministry of Tourism always makes improvement continuously on the Quality Management System to improve the effectiveness of the implemented system.
Division/Unit of Ministry of Tourism
- Administration & Finance Division
- Policy, Planning and International Affairs Division
- Infrastructure Development Division
- Industry Development Division
- Human Resource Management Division
- Tourism Licensing Division
- Information Management Division
- Legal Unit
- Internal Audit Unit
- Corporate Communication Unit
- Malaysia Tourism Center (MaTiC)
Contact Details of Ministry of Tourism Malaysia
Ministry of Tourism (Kementerian Pelancongan)
Address: Peti Surat 5-7, Tingkat 6, 21, 34-36, Menara Dato’ Onn, Pusat Dagangan Dunia Putra, 45 Jalan Tun Ismail, 50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Telephone: 603-2693 7111
Fax: 603-2693 0881
Web Site: http://www.motour.gov.my
Staff Directory: http://www.motour.gov.my/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=42&lang=en