Asia e University (AeU) is a flexible, international university set in Asia, by Asians for Asia under the Asia Cooperation Dialogue (ACD). Its establishment is an initiative of Malaysia, as the prime mover for e-education, with the support of 31 ACD Member Countries as confirmed at the Islamabad 2005 and Doha 2006 ACD Ministerial Meetings.
Asia e University (AeU) collaborates with Institutions of Higher Learning (IHLs) and training centres in the 31 ACD Member Countries to offer academic and professional training programmes focusing on affordability, accessibility, and quality.
Asia e University (AeU) also acts as a facilitator for the mutual accreditation and recognition of degrees and academic programmes among Asian IHLs. It also acts as an enabler for IHLs in Asia to leverage on each other’s resources and facilities including sharing of academic and professional programmes.
Asia e University (AeU) is also an instrument for greater Asia- wide cooperation and a catalyst in narrowing the digital divide among communities and nations. It will actively promote e-education efforts to meet the future human capacity needs of Asia. AeU is set to open minds and open doors of opportunities for all in Asia.
Asia e University (AeU) has a diverse portfolio of academic, executive programmes and lifelong self-enrichment courses that are delivered through open and flexible study pathways. The structure of the AeU courses is designed to run in both full-time and part-time modes to allow for flexibility for students who are working professionals as well as new graduates. Flexible study modes provide an alternative to traditional face-to-face learning and teaching, and allow students to study where ever they may be. As AeU is endorsed by 31 ACD member countries, providing alternate modes of study is important, as this enables AeU to reach out to students around Asia and beyond. Depending on the course chosen, there is a range of flexible study modes to choose from to facilitate the teaching and learning process.
Open and Distance Learning
Open and distance learning (ODL) is one of the most rapidly growing fields of education, and its potential impact on education delivery systems has been greatly accentuated through the development of Internet-based information technologies, and in particular the World Wide Web. ODL offers the flexibility to continue academic and training pursuits at your own pace and time, especially for working adults. ODL in AeU is supported by a comprehensive network of services from AeU Learning Management System, AeU Library, Student Portal as well as tutors, student services and support staff. Students are able to learn independently with the support of self-instructional materials (Internet, CDs, books, journals) and minimal supervision from lecturers as self-managed learning.
Blended learning is a combination of face to face tutorials and e-learning which are applied in an interactive learning environment. Blended learning gives students and tutors an environment to learn and teach more effectively. Students can select the best activities to suit their own pace, learning style and level, as well as time and place. Students can also make decisions, think creatively and critically, investigate and explore as well as solve problems they face in learning and real life. Blended learning has the following components; e-learning, face to face tutorials and online tutoring:
E-Learning is the use of technology to deliver a broad array of solutions that enhance knowledge and performance.
E-learning is pedagogy empowered by technology.
Face to face tutorials
Each subject – 3 Tutorials (about once a month)
Each tutorial – 3 hrs. 20 min
Format of Tutorials:
- Facilitator presents an overview
- Students ask questions on content
- Clarification about assignment
Online tutoring is the use of the Internet for tutoring activities. It is the process by which a student learns via the Internet with the help of an subject matter expert or a tutor. This type of tutoring can make use of several web-based tools to achieve its goals such as email, chat room, online whiteboards, web-conferencing, blogs.
M-Learning enables education via portable technologies like mobile phones, or PDAs (personal digital assistant), where the focus is on the technology (which could be in a fixed location, such as a classroom) and learning across contexts, where the focus is on the mobility of the learner.
Asia e University (AeU) Library
The AeU Library offers an excellent combination of traditional and electronic information resources in a well designed conducive ‘living library’ ambience with the interface for the e-library in a virtual environment for the e-learning community.
The AeU library takes the responsibility of providing a comprehensive collection in print, electronic and multimedia formats to meet the information needs of the University. In the development of the Library’s resources priority is given to meet the course needs of the University.
Special focus is given to the development, access and delivery of the e-library or digital library. The digital library is accessible to all AeU Library members, students, staff, researchers and scholars from any place and at all times. All AeU students including distance learners and staff are members of the Library.
Foundation Studies in Asia e University (AeU)
School of Foundation Studies is the centre of excellence of pre-U education to provide quality university preparation programmes designed to meet the needs of Asian students of diverse language, education and cultural background. The students will not only be awarded an entry qualification to universities on a global basis but also equipped with knowledge, skills and competencies that are required to succeed at university.
- High school education with 5 credits in SPM/O Level or equivalent.
- English placement test for non-English speaking students.
Undergraduate Studies in Asia e University (AeU)
Asia e University offer quality education and recognized academic programmes. We are committed to excellence in teaching and research with an Asian and International context. All our programmes are taught by highly qualified lecturers. Select a programme from below to find out more.
- Bachelor of Education of Teaching English As A Second Language (B.ED TESL)
- Bachelor of Business Administration with Honours (BBA Hons)
- Bachelor of ICT – With Specialisations
Postgraduate Studies in Asia e University (AeU)
Asia e University has a wide range of postgraduate programmes from Postgraduate Diplomas to Doctoral programmes in an interesting variety of academic areas. The programmes are taught in more than two languages in 31 ACD countries through AeU’s innovative, collaborative and networked learning. Our Master and Doctoral programmes offered provide opportunities for advanced study and research towards the development of innovative responses to the challenges of the 21st century.
- Postgraduate Diploma of Higher Education Teaching (PGDipHET)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – General
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – With Specialisations
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Dual Award)
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) – With Specialisations
- Master of Information and Communication Technology Management
- Master of Knowledge Management (MKM)
- Master of Management (MIM)
- Master of Science (MSc) (Management) – By Research
- Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Education)
- Doctor of Philosophy (ICT)
- Doctor of Business Administration
Executive Education in Asia e University (AeU)
Working adults need to be continuously honing skills and increase knowledge in their own specialised areas. At Asia e University, we bring together high quality teaching and content from industry to provide an interesting range of executive education programmes.
Executive Education in AeU:
- Asian Executive Master of Open Source Computing
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Executive Master of Strategic Management
- Executive Master of Strategic Marketing
- Executive Master of Strategic Human Resource Management
- Executive Master of Business Administration
- Executive Master of Business Management
- Executive Master of Business Management (Human Capital Management)
- Executive Master of Leadership and Management
- Executive Master of International Human Resource Management
- Executive Master of Islamic Banking and Finance
- Executive Bachelor of Business Administration
- Executive Bachelor of Business Management
- Executive Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- Executive Diploma of Business Management
- Executive Diploma of Logistics Operations
- Executive Diploma of International Business Management
- Professional Diploma of Internet Marketing
- Executive Diploma of Management
- Professional Diploma of Marketing Practice
- Executive Diploma of Network Marketing
- Executive Diploma of Oil Palm Operations & Technologies
- Executive Diploma of Operations Management
- Executive Diploma of Project Management Operations
- Executive Diploma of Port Logistics & SCM
- Professional Diploma of Special Needs Education
Professional Courses in Asia e University (AeU)
Asia e University (AeU) provides a wide range of programmes, allowing you to pick and choose the perfect learning solution for you or your company. The short courses are from 1 to 5 days, the usual being a 2-day programme. They are held during working hours at AeU training facilities, selected hotels near you or at your company’s training facilities. For in-house training, modules can be further customized to suit employees’ immediate learning needs.
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Administration
- Entrepreneur Development
- Human Resource Management
- Information and Communication Technology
- Organization Behaviour
- Personal Development
- Project Management
- Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
Location Map of Asia e University (AeU)
Contact Details of Asia e University (AeU)
Asia e University
Dataran Kewangan Darul Takaful,
No 4, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman,
50000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
General Line : +603 2785 0000
Fax : +603 2711 0436
Hotline : 1300 300 238
Learning Centres in East Malaysia
Asia e University
Kolej Antarabangsa Teknologi Lanjutan Sarawak, (International College of Advanced Technology Sarawak). Ppks Ilmu Sdn Bhd.
Jalan Canna, Off Jalan Wan Alwi
Tabuan Jaya, 93350 Kuching,
General Line: 082-364251
Asia e University
Suite 305, 3rd Floor Wisma Sabah
88000 Kota Kinabalu,
General Line: 088-241020