The Bachelor of Business (Hons) degree is multidisciplinary in nature and can lead to many possible careers, whether in business or in the public sectors. The programme aims to help students develop detailed knowledge of business and management practices, as well as critically evaluate that knowledge and finally apply it in their future career. The integrative nature and overall emphasis in the programme is on active participation and interaction between students and academics. Through this three-year dual degree programme, besides the sound knowledge in the specific discipline, our business students will also develop soft skills in key business areas, such as presentations, projects management, teamwork, entrepreneur skills, working to deadlines, problem solving and decision making – all of which are clearly listed in our Taylor’s Graduate Capabilities and have been embedded into our curriculum. This business programme emphasises on mastering the practical competencies necessary for achieving business success.
Human Resource Management (HRM) is the strategic management of an organisation’s most valued asset – the people who work and contribute to the achievement of its business objectives. HRM deals with employment and development and maintenance of personnel resources. HRM is responsible for determining staffing needs, recruiting and training the best employees, dealing with performance issues and ensuring that personnel management practices conform to various regulations. HRM duties also include managing employee benefits and compensation, employee records and personnel policies.
This Bachelor of Business (Hons) Human Resource Management offers the study of human resources as a distinct field of expertise, while equipping you with the essential knowledge of general business concepts and management techniques. It covers a comprehensive range of key concepts and techniques to prepare you for a successful career within the field of human resources. It also provides a solid foundation for those of you who wish to pursue other business degrees.
The curriculum focuses on global trends with cross cultural and transnational management subjects, to give you an added edge in the international arena. You will be kept up to date with the new roles and responsibilities of HRM in today’s increasingly globalised world. These include providing workforce diversity, helping organisations manage stress amongst employees and international personnel strategies for multinational companies.
You will also work on a 10,000-word project paper that aims to help you integrate the human resource concepts and theories you’ve learned applied to a practical setting. You’ll be trained to work independently, to explore the subject area in depth, and to collect and analyse data. This will give you the opportunity to develop time management skills, analytical skills, research skills as well as effective communication skills.
- Human Resource Manager
- Compensation Manager
- Training Manager
- Placement specialist
- Occupational Specialists
- Dispute Resolution Specialist
Taylor’s University and the University of the West of England (UWE)
Entry Level & Entry Requirements
- Taylor’s Business Foundation (TBF) – Successful completion
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) – B- C+ C+ / CGPA 2.44
- ‘A’ Levels – CDD / 14 points
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) – Minimum 65% in 5 subjects
- International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) – Minimum 65% in the best 6 subjects
- Unified Examination Certificate(UEC) – Maximum 24 points for 6 subjects (excluding Chinese, BM and/or General Paper)
- Other Qualifications – Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
English Language Requirements
- Taylor’s Business Foundation (TBF) – English for College Studies III (50%)
- ‘A’ Levels – Thinking Skills or General Paper (D and above)
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM) – ESL (12)
- International Canadian Pre-University (ICPU) – ENG 3C
- IELTS – Overall score of 6.0 (including writing and reading)
- TOEFL – Overall score of 550 (paper-based), Overall score of 213 (computer-based)
- MUET – Band 4
Duration: 3 Years
Intakes: February & July
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Location Map
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus Contact Details
No. 1 Jalan Taylor’s,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,
Phone: +6(03)5629 5000
Fax: +6(03)5629 5001