Youth Skills Training Programme For Indian Community (Program Latihan Kemahiran Kepada Belia Masyarakat India) as announced by the Prime Minister during the 2013 Budget speech is the Government’s efforts to ensure that the youth of the Indian community are able to acquire access to education and technical skills in a more orderly and more inclusive way towards the upliftment of the Indian community in this country.
The five national skills institutions which have been identified to lead the implementation of this program are Institut Latihan Perindustrian (ILP), Pusat Latihan Teknologi Tinggi (ADTEC) and Institut Teknikal Jepun-Malaysia (JMTI) under Ministry of Human Resources (Kementerian Sumber Manusia); Institut Kemahiran Belia Negara (IKBN) under Ministry of Youth and Sports (Kementerian Belia dan Sukan) and Kolej Komuniti under Ministry of Higher Education(Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi).
The first intake for this program is July 2013.
Target Group For This Program
Indian youths aged 15 to 45 years according to the following categories:
- Indian youths who have completed Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
- Indian youths who have completed Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM)
- Indian youths dropped out of school (UPSR, PMR or SPM stages)
- Working Indian youths who wants to learn new skills to improve their income.
Benefits of This Program
Continuous monitoring will be done by Special Implementation Task Force (SITF) “Pasukan Petugas Khas Pelaksanaan” for the Indian community, Cabinet Committee of the Prime Minister’s Department for 3 years to ensure that students complete the course and job placements are given for students who qualify.
Agencies Involved in This Program
- Institusi Latihan Jabatan Tenaga Manusia (ILJTM), Ministry of Human Resources (Kementerian Sumber Manusia)
- 17 Institut Latihan Perindustrian (ILP)
- 5 Pusat Latihan Teknologi Tinggi (ADTEC)
- 1 Japan Malaysia Technical Institute (JMTI) / Institut Teknikal Jepun Malaysia
- Institut Kemahiran Belia Negara (IKBN), Ministry of Youth and Sport
- 16 IKBN
- Kolej Komuniti (Community College), Ministry Higher Education
- 30 Community College
Course Offered in This Program
These are the courses offered by the institutions:
- ILJTM – click here for courses offered.
- IKBN – click here for courses offered.
- Kolej Komuniti – click here for courses offered.
Fully Subsidized Fees and Costs
The fees and costs are fully covered and provided by the government. These includes:
- Education Fees (including training materials)
- Registration Fees
- Hostel accommodation (provided)
- Food and drinks throughout the study (provided)
- Living allowance
- Industrial training allowance – in the last semester
- Accident insurance protection throughout the study (provided)
- Malaysian Skills Certificate (SKM) payment
How To Apply For This Program?
The online application page is in Bahasa Malaysia. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the program application page.
- Click “Lepasan SPM” or “Lepasan SKM / ST” button.
- Type your IC number and click “Seterusnya” button.
- You must select 3 preferred courses and each course will show the institutes that are offering them and you can select your preferred institute. Click “Seterusnya” button.
- Fill up the personal details form and click “Seterusnya” button and proceed with the instructions to complete your application.
If you need further details, please contact officers in the following department:
Bahagian Pengurusan Latihan (BPL),
Jabatan Tenaga Manusia (JTM),
Blok D4, Kompleks D,
Pusat Pentadbiran Kerajaan Persekutuan,
Direct Phone Line: 03-8886 5551/ 5553/ 5556/ 5577/ 5580/ 5482