MAHSA was established in earnest in the year 2005 in Pusat Bandar Damansara, Kuala Lumpur with the belief that higher education in the field of healthcare is a vital cog in the development of the nation. The College is the brainchild of Datuk Dr. Hj. Mohamed Haniffa who is CEO and Principal of the College. Datuk Dr. Hj. Mohamed Haniffa is a clinical practitioner of medicine whose vision involved creating a centre of excellence in Medical, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences Education in this region thereby developing qualified and compassionate healthcare professionals to serve the needs of our great nation. This is in line with the Prime Minister’s vision that Malaysia should become a centre for academic excellence.
In order to generate a pool of skilled healthcare professionals, it was agreed upon form the start that the College would gather the brightest minds in the country and abroad to help nurture the minds of our students and hone their skills. Furthermore, in the field of healthcare, theoretical knowledge though important is nonetheless secondary to clinical exposure and thus it was decided that students of MAHSA must gain practical experience at the earliest stage during their tenure. Finally, state of the art facilities were created to complement the innovative teaching curriculum and a highly qualified and motivated teaching staff.
Within a short span of time, our students outgrew their original premises and thereby a second campus was set up in Jalan University, Kuala Lumpur. From a modest start with the Pre – University Cambridge GCE A’ Levels and the three year Diploma in Nursing program in 2005, now MAHSA is proudly recognized as one of the premier colleges that focuses in Allied Health Sciences Professional training. Training programs offered have expanded to include Diploma in Physiotherapy, Diploma in Medical Imaging, Diploma in Environmental Health, Diploma in Pharmacy and the Diploma in Biomedical Sciences (Medical Lab Technology). In the year 2006, MAHSA in collaboration with the University of Northumbria (UK), University of Teesside (UK) and University of Liverpool John Moores (UK), MAHSA is also offering the B.Sc (Hons) in Nursing Practice Development and the B.Sc (Hons) in Nursing Studies, B.Sc (Hons) in Biomedical Sciences, B.Sc (Hons) in Physiotherapy, M.Sc in Nursing Practice Development, M.Sc in Healthcare respectively.
In continuance of the success in the existing Allied Health programs, MAHSA plans to strategically position itself in the training of undergraduate medical professionals. Among these programs include dentistry and medicine. The Dentistry undergraduate program began in September 2007 along with two other programs; Diploma in Dental Technology and Certificate in Dental Surgery Assistants. In 2008, the Degree in Physiotherapy was started.
Academic Courses at MAHSA University College
- MSc in Advance Health Care, Liverpool John Moores University (UK)
- MSc in Nursing Science, The University of Northumbria (UK)
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- MPharm 2+2 Programme, Liverpool John Moores University (UK)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Hons.)
- Doctor in Dental Surgery, 5 years
- BSc. (Hons) in Nursing Practice Development (Top Up Degree) – The University of Northumbria (UK)
- BSc. (Hons) in Nursing Studies (4+0), in Collaboration with – The University of Teesside (UK)
- BSc. (Hons) in Physiotherapy (4+0), in Collaboration with – The University of Northumbria (UK)
- BSc. (Hons) Biomedical Sciences (4+ 0), in Collaboration with – The University of Northumbria (UK)
- Bachelor of Medical Imaging (Hons)
- Bachelor of Environmental Health and Safety (Hons)
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma In Medical Imaging
- Diploma In Environmental Health
- Diploma In Pharmacy
- Diploma In Medical Lab Technology
- Diploma in Dental Technology
- Certificate for Dental Surgery Assistant
- Foundation in Science
Location Map of MAHSA University College Kuala Lumpur
Contact Details of MAHSA University College Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Universiti Campus (JUC)
Jalan Elmu, Off Jalan Universiti, 59100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Pusat Bandar Damansara Campus (PBD)
Level 6, Block A, Pusat Bandar Damansara, Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Phone: +603-7965 2555 (JUC) , +603 2092 9999 (PBD)
Fax: +603-7965 2688 (JUC) , +603 2093 1599 (PBD)
Information/Enquiry: +603 2092 9999 (PBD) Ext: 879,836,863,835,834,951,952,953,954,955,804,805