In collaboration with Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, PUGSOM is a private medical institution located on a 130-acre campus in the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is the first graduate school of medicine in the country to offer a four-year doctor of medicine degree. Our approach is designed for outstanding students who are fully prepared to commit to lives of leadership in the medical field.
Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine is an integrated academic medical center with Johns Hopkins values: excellence, discovery and innovation in medical education, research and patient care. The University encompasses a graduate school of medicine, a teaching hospital and a research enterprise.
Perdana University offers:
- A collaboration with the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, a global leader in medical education, research and patient care
- A post-baccalaureate medical school that includes a fully integrated teaching hospital and basic and clinical science research enterprise
- A graduate medical education after the American model
- A curriculum based upon Genes to Society, an innovative approach to medical education researched, developed, streamlined and used by the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Student-centered medical education with outstanding permanent faculty, as well as visiting faculty from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- A commitment to innovative research
PUGSOM faculty are pioneers. They are leaders interested in implementing a new model of teaching and learning – one that is student-centric. They are attuned to the differences in how students learn best and interested in working collaboratively to advance at least one branch of Perdana University’s three-part scheme: research, clinical care, and education. Their approaches are grounded in the precepts of bedside teaching and mentorship used at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (JHUSOM) for more than 100 years. Such an enterprising faculty seeks students with the same level of energy, intelligence, and dedication; students who are excited to be part of an inaugural class that will transform medical education in Malaysia and Southeast Asia.
Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine (PUGSOM) Facilities
Perdana University Graduate Shcool of Medicine sits on a 130-acre campus abutting the Malaysia Agro-Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS), five minutes from Putrajaya and 25 minutes from downtown Kuala Lumpur.
Convention buildings at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS) will be renovated into classrooms, teaching labs, discussion rooms, offices, and lecture halls to serve as interim space while awaiting completion of the Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine Medical Education Building. The interim space will be ready for the first class in September 2011.
A state-of-the-art medical education building with lecture halls, group rooms, teaching labs, case study rooms, a learning studio, academic computing center, medical library, anatomy labs and reading rooms, as well as the cutting edge Simulation Centre.
- A state-of-the-art teaching hospital providing primary, secondary, and tertiary care to residents of Malaysia and to visitors from abroad.
- Ambulatory care facilities providing primary and specialty services.
- A full range of facilities for diagnostic and ancillary services.
- Residence hall for students.
- Hotel and service apartments for visitors.
- A life sciences research center.
Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine (PUGSOM) Course
Doctor of Medicine degree from Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine.
Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine (PUGSOM) Entry Requirements
- A degree in Science – Honors, 2nd Class Upper / CGPA 3.5
- Other Science Degrees – eg. Biomedical Sciences, Biochemistry, Immunology, Genetics, Immunogenetics or Engineering
- Computer Literacy – Working knowledge
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) – This exam will be proctored at the admissions office after submission of application
- MUET – Examination should be reported for Malaysian candidates
- Students whose degrees were granted in a non-English speaking institution must sit for the TOEFL or IELTS
- Interview – There will be an Admissions Committee chaired by the Dean. Selected candidates will be invited to interview before admissions decisions are made.
Location Map of Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine (PUGSOM) Kuala Lumpur
Contact Details of Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine (PUGSOM) Kuala Lumpur
Perdana University Graduate School of Medicine (PUGSOM)
Suite 5.3 5th Floor.
Wisma Chase Perdana,
Off Jalan Semantan,
50490 Kuala Lumpur,